St. Charles, MO- Five distinguished Kentucky wineries were showcased at the Midwest Grape & Wine Conference’s 2012 Tour de Vin Reception Friday evening, Feb. 10.
The third largest Wine & Grape Industry Trade show in the United States, the Midwest draws vendors, market specialist and industry leaders from all over North America. Wine makers, winery owners and representatives from states spanning Texas to Minnesota and Nebraska to Tennessee assembled at the St. Charles Convention Center with the common objective of further education through in-depth industry discussions and seminars. A vast array of topics affecting the vocations of the wine trade filled the day, but Friday night’s Tour de Vin provided a chance to mingle in style and boaster selected libations from represented states.
The Commonwealth received great praise and admiration by curious attendees lining up to sample wines provided by Stonebrook, Crocker Farm, Reid’s Livery, Horseshoe Bend and Purple Toad Wineries. Vinifera grapes were particularly prevalent in the Kentucky wines of the evening with multiple styles of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and even an enticingly dry Riesling blend.
Wines Poured at 2012 Tour de Vin:
– Crocker Farm Winery Cabernet Franc
– Crocker Farm Winery Reliance
– Horseshoe Bend Cabernet Franc
– Horseshoe Bend Cabernet Franc Rosé
– Horseshoe Bend Cabernet Sauvignon
– Horseshoe Bend Golden Sun (Riesling/Vidal Blanc)
– Purple Toad Cabernet Franc
– Reid’s Livery Winery Cabernet Sauvignon
– Reid’s Livery Winery Hilltop Blend (DeChaunac/Cabernet Franc)
– Stonebrook Winery Vidal Blanc